Sport Squad FX40 Foosball Table Review
The Sport Squad FX40 is the Gold Award winner for the Tabletop Foosball category.
A playable tabletop foosball table for beginners that’s sturdy and totally affordable. Once put together, the Sport Squad FX40 has solid gameplay surprisingly so when you consider the price. Compared to other tabletop foosball tables the Sport Squad comes out on top, better gameplay, sleek, compact with a great feel and finish. The table didn’t feel like other flimsy tabletop tables at the same price point. This makes the table definitely worth the price for a good time with friends and foosball.
Why Should You Buy:
If you want to kick back occasionally and play with friends and aren’t really looking to commit the space or resources to get something more serius, I.E a regular non-tabletop foosball table. then this a great table.
Who Should Buy:
A beginner looking to get a taste for foosball. Best suited for children and young adults to play with friends and family on special occasions. In short, if a tabletop is what you are looking for, this is the one to go for. If you are looking to practice and play often then probably a tabletop isn’t the way to go and expect to make a larger investment in a more comprehensive and standard table.
- Fun Appearance – The table looks sleek, but fun, and easily incorporated into any living room decor. The table and its pieces are well painted and unlikely to chip or peel. The soccer ball decals on the sides of the table add a little more flare than most standard wood foosball tables. The background follows the soccer ball theme with a pattern of hexagons in 2 shades of deep blue. The men are a shiny solid blue and red.
- Pretty Compact – The table can easily be stored in closets or under beds if you don’t want to dedicate it to a table in your home. The table weighs about 20lbs. It’s well sized for children ages 5-13 who may be overwhelmed by a regular sized foosball table. As a result, the Sport Squad FX40 Foosball Table makes a great starter tablet for children to get used to the game before they graduate up to the full sized edition. It can sit on almost any flat surface, so kids or adults can play pretty much anywhere in the house. However, the compact size also has some downsides, but I’ll get to those in “The Bad” section.
- Sturdy – Assuming you don’t’ get a defective unit, the Sport Squad FX40 Foosball Table is surprisingly durable considering it’s low price and that its lightweight. The parts stay nailed together for years after assembly, and many buyers find that the table still looks almost new, even after years of intense play. The table can withstand lots of abuse before falling apart or losing its luster, which makes it a great toy for children since they tend to put their possessions through the ringer.
- Great Value for Money – Most quality foosball tables run in the hundreds of dollars, so the Sport Squad FX40 Foosball Table it a great deal for the quality. If you want to get acquainted with foosball or just want to have some fun with friends, this product is an economical way to test out whether owning a foosball table is right for you.
- .5 – 2 Hour Assembly – The table does require assembly. You would need to pretty much assemble the table from scratch. Assembly could take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours, so if you find assembly required furniture to be the ban of your existence, this table may not be for you. Then again, many tabletop foosball tables require some assembly, and you could always find a handy friend to help you out. One thing to beware of when assembling this table is not to over tighten the screws; this can sometimes cause the wood to crack.
- Minor sliding and shifting– As I said before in “THE GOOD” section, there are many pros to buying a small table like this, especially for storage purposes. However, during actual gameplay, the lightness of the Sport Squad FX40 can cause sometimes cause sliding and shifting. This can get annoying, especially during intense gameplay, but playing on carpet or placing a pad for friction underneath the table can solve the problem.
- Three arms rather than the usual 4 – compact size of the table is that it only allows for three arms rather than the usual 4, which makes it just a two player game.
- Defective Units – There used to be this issue but has been resolved by manufacturer.
- Extras – The table only comes with two balls which is kind of a bummer. You will most likely need to buy more balls as they can easily get lost or broken, especially if children are playing.
- Type: Recreational
- Level: Beginner (Ages 5+)
- Ball Bounce: Can Sometimes Occur
- Ball Control: Moderate
- Dead Zones: Can Sometimes Occur
- Arm Rotation: Smooth
- Drop Ramp: None
- Number of Arms: 3 instead of usual 4
- Weight: approx. 20lbs
- Dimensions: 37in x 20in x 8.25in
- Warranty: 90 days (limited)
- Approximate Lifespan: 3 years
- Made in: USA
- Materials: Manufactured Wood, Steel
- Rods: Chrome Plated Steel
- Features: Compact, Sliding Manual Scorers, Telescopic Rods
The Sport Squad FX40 Foosball table hits all requirements on my list for an affordable tabletop foosball table. With close to a 5-star rating and over 91 reviews it is clear that Amazon customers feel the same.
The Sport Squad FX40 Foosball Table can be found on Amazon.