PathFinder Inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard Review
Our PathFinder Inflatable SUP review found that it really competes with more expensive stand-up paddleboards as it brings together strength and durability, versatility and super quick inflation and deflation times.
Considering that it’s one of the cheapest models you’ll find, it’s easily the best inflatable paddle board for the money.
Although this stand-up paddleboard is shorter, narrower and thinner than some of the others in our featured inflatable SUP reviews, it more than makes up for this with maneuverability. It inflates to 15 PSI but feels so solid and stable that it’s comparable to hard SUPs, offering the ultimate combination of compact size, sturdiness, and speed. As a result, whether you want to try out some yoga poses on a lake or paddling on a faster flowing river, this iSUP is incredibly versatile.
We’ve chosen the PathFinder as the best all-around SUP board due to its ease of use. The center fin is detachable (making the board easy to transport) but it can be clicked into place in seconds.
While it’s demanding on the lower back and arms, inflating the SUP takes around five minutes, and by using the included valve wrench, deflation can be done in seconds. There’s no technical set-up and no complicated assembly required, meaning that you can get going quickly whether it’s for yoga, racing or just some gentle paddling.
Whether you like to take extra sporting gear or just some music and a camera with you, PathFinder has designed a bungee cord storage area to give you plenty of options. The adjustable paddle isn’t designed to float, but you don’t have to worry about leaving space for it on your board as it can be secured to the attached D-ring by a leash. When you’re done, you’ll find that the backpack is more than big enough to carry the deflated, rolled up board, the pump, the paddle and all your extra gear.
Who Should Buy?
If you’re looking for a basic, all-around stand-up paddle board without fuss or fancy features, you’ll find the PathFinder fantastic. Its size offers slightly more speed than other entry-level models, so complete beginners might prefer something with a larger surface area. This board has a relatively low weight limit which won’t be great for heavier or multiple riders, but as it’s a bargain buy you can’t go far wrong for the price.
- Size delivers quick speed and easy maneuverability (9’9″ x 30″ x 5″)
- Quick set up (five minutes) and deflation (a few seconds)
- Bungee cord offers space to secure extra kit for all hobbies
- Comes with a spacious backpack
- Moves quickly on the water but feels very stable for yoga
- Prone to slow leaks at the seams when over-inflated
- Low maximum weight limit (240 lbs)
- Paddle doesn’t float
- Size: 9’9” x 30″ x 5″ (inflated)
- Weight: 35 lbs
- Maximum air pressure: 15 PSI
- Maximum rider weight: 240 lbs
- Material: PVC with multi-layer drop stitch
- Accessories included: Adjustable aluminium paddle, pump, detachable center fin, backpack, valve wrench